Meet Our Providers
Thomas G Akre, DO
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Akre specializes in general orthopedics and sports medicine. He has been an orthopedic surgeon for over a decade in the Michiana area. In addition to treating patients in our office Dr. Akre goes to the following facilities – St. Joseph Regional Medical Center (Mishawaka), Memorial Hospital, Allied Physicians Surgery Center and Unity Surgical Arts. Surgical procedures include, but are not limited to, arthroscopy, total joint replacement, and peripheral nerve decompression.
- Sports Medicine – Arthroscopy: shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee and ankle including ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair, rotator cuff repair and labral repair.
- Total Joint Replacement: shoulder, knee, and hip including unicompartment knee replacements. Dr. Akre has performed over 350 anterior approach total hip replacements since 2011.
- Fracture Care
- Peripheral Nerve Decompression: including carpal tunnel release, ulnar nerve transposition, tarsal tunnel release and other peripheral nerve releases. Trained at the Institute for Peripheral Nerve Surgery, www.dellonipns.com
- Undergraduate, BA from Marquette University
- Medical School, DO from Des Moines University
- Residency, Orthopedic Residence from Ingham Regional Medical Center, an affiliate of Michigan State University, Lansing, MI
Dr. Akre has been practicing in the South Bend area for over 12 years. He and his wife have 7 children.
Randall I. Kline, D.P.M
Board Certified Podiatrist
Dr. Kline specializes in injury, wound and diseases of the foot and lower leg. He has been in the Michiana area since 2000. In addition to seeing patients in South Bend, he also see patients in Nappanee. Dr. Kline takes time to get to know his patients and work with them to determine the best and most effective course of treatment. If surgery is needed, Dr. Kline has privileges at Memorial Hospital of South Bend, St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, and Allied Physicians Surgery Center. Dr. Kline also see patients at the St. Joseph Regional Medical Center and Memorial Hospital of South Bend Wound Care Centers.
- Undergraduate, BS from University of Missouri-Columbia
- Medical School, DPM from Des Moines University, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Residency, St. Joseph Community Hospital of Mishawaka
Dr. Kline and his wife reside in South Bend with their daughter.
Crystal Beneker, FNP-BC
Crystal received both her Bachelors of Science in Nursing (2005) as well as her Masters in the Science of Nursing (2010) from Indiana University South Bend. She started her career as a staff nurse in Critical Care and as a Nurse Practitioner, working in orthopaedics and neurosurgery. She is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner and has been a member of Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing, National Association of Orthopaedic Nursing, and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Crystal joined Allied Bone & Joint in May 2017 and looks forward to continuing to care for patients with orthopedic needs.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Indiana University South Bend
- Masters of Science in Nursing – Indiana University South Bend